An internship at Cressey Sports Performance will present you with the opportunity to experience hands-on, individualized coaching with as many as 150 athletes per day. Each intern will have the chance to coach high school and collegiate athletes, become more familiar with the intricacies of program design, and observe and assist a variety of professional athletes under the supervision of our qualified staff of strength & conditioning coaches.
As a CSP intern, you would have the opportunity to compliment your hands-on learning experience with participation in our our weekly Staff In-Service, which focuses on continuing education in a classroom-style learning environment. We work closely with our internship participants to develop coaching, assessment and program-design skill sets to compliment career aspirations within the fitness industry.
Additionally, all interns are provided with New Balance footwear/apparel, and will be granted free participation in any seminars/mentorships hosted here at our facility during their time with us.
Expectations of all Applicants
- Be competent teaching dynamic warm-up & flexibility drills
- Demonstrate a knowledge of training techniques
- Be eager to learn and accepting of constructive criticism
- Must be comfortable interacting with clients, parents, etc.
- Present yourself in a manner that will reinforce your status as a role model for impressionable young athletes
Cressey Sports Performance internships are scheduled according to traditional academic semesters and summer vacation. Interns are asked to work a minimum of 30 hours per week throughout the duration of their program.
- Semester 1: Sept. 1 – Dec. 23 (6 Positions) Rolling admissions between 4/15 and 7/1 – Application decision guaranteed seven days post-application submission
- Semester 2: Jan. 3 – May 31 (6 Positions) App. Deadline: 8/15
- Summer: June 1 – Aug. 30 (6 Positions) App. Deadline: 2/1
If you are interested in any of these internship positions, please email us to request that a copy of our application be sent to your attention. All inquiries can be directed to the attention of Pete Dupuis.